If you are going to be doing any work that will affect people using our systems in any way, as well as letting people know, as you normally would you need to announce and update the work in this section.
It would be good to state in the article why it’s being done and what services will, or could be affected so that people are kept well informed of what is going on. The article may also be useful in the future to see what was done and when.
When you send a communication to people about the work you could reference this article so that they can easily check the comments on the article to see how the work is going, or when it is finished.
Examples of the type of work that I see using this section would be;
- The website going down for maintenance
- Nightly routines not running
- The network going slow due to processes running
- The email or internet not working
Articled will appear in 'created date' order with the most recent appearing first.
When you want to use the system, you should follow a pattern like below;
- Create an announcement article in ZenDesk
- Tick it as Promoted to make it stand out on the page
- List what is being done, when it is due to start and finish, what services may be affected whilst it is being done, why it is being done (the benefits and/or reasons)
- Leave comments open so people can ask questions
- Publish the article
- Send a communication to the people who may be affected letting them know what will be happening and referencing your article as a link
- When doing the work, if there are updates that can be provided, update by adding comments to keep people informed
- (You can choose to follow an article so updates will keep people up to speed with progress)
- When you have completed the work add a comment to the article and add ' - Complete' to the article title
- Edit the article, tick the ‘Outdated’ box and un-tick the ‘Promoted’ box