If you want to transfer a call to another person who isn't available right away then you can 'park' the call in one of 8 spaces (if there are any available). Once a call is parked you can let your colleague know which space they are in and they can pick the call up when they are read.
Parking a call is similar to putting a call on hold and then being able to pick it up from another place if you so wish.
In order to park your call follow these steps;
- When you are on the call, if you are not already on the park screen then press the arrow keys at the bottom of your phone screen until you see it;
- When you are on the park screen you will see the 8 parking spaces listed down the left hand side of your screen. If there is an orange light next to any of them then these spaces are occupied and you cannot place your call there
- Find a space that does not have an orange light next to it and press the button. Your call will be placed here which will result in the button lighting up in orange
- You can now hang up your phone and the call will remain parked until it is retrieved
In order to retrieve a call from a parked space follow these steps;
- If you are not already on the park screen use the arrow buttons at the bottom of your phone screen to find it (as shown in the image above)
- When you are on the park screen, pick up your phone (unless you are using a headset of course!)
- Press the button next to the Park space that your call is occupying
- You should now be able to continue your call
Tip - if you want to move a call that you are currently on to another room (e.g. if you are speaking to a recruitment agent at your desk and they want to start discussing salary bands so you want to move to a more private space such as a meeting room) then parking your call, running down to the other room and then picking it up again is a great way to achieve this!
It's important to remember which space your call is in and to relay this number correctly if you are passing it on to somebody else. The parking spaces are not locked in any way, so anybody can pick up any parked call. This means that if you pick up the wrong occupied space you won't be connected to the caller that you are expecting!