In order to maintain our obligations to our clients and to follow best practice with regard to security, we wanted to create a system where visitors may access and use our board room laptop whilst ensuring our network and its data remains secure.
We’ve therefore developed a method by which visitors can log in and use this device and have access to the internet without compromise to our systems, whilst still allowing internal users access to everything they need. Please follow the below instructions when using this laptop.
Visitors (External Users)
- Unplug the grey network cable on the left side of the laptop
- After powering up laptop, press 'Ctrl-Alt-Delete'
- If BCBL\Boardroom is displayed, enter password Hamilton!
- If BCBL\Boardroom is NOT displayed, click 'Switch User'
- Click 'Other User', enter BCBL\Boardroom as username, enter password Hamilton!
Once logged in, the visitor will then have unrestricted access to the internet via our public WIFI. It will still be possible for authorised Best Companies users to access SharePoint, using the desktop shortcut, or Outlook Web Access using their usual login, but it is critical that anyone doing this logs out of those areas once they have finished, or before they hand back control to a visitor. This is done by clicking on their name and selecting “Sign out” from the menu.
For any Best Companies user, you can still log in using the usual method as below:
For Internal Use
- Make sure grey network cable is plugged in on the left
- After powering up, press 'Ctrl-Alt-Delete'
- If BCBL\Boardroom IS displayed, click 'Switch User'
- Click 'Other User' and enter your username and password as you normally would (you may need to enter UK\ in front of your username)
You will now have access as you would logged in to your own workstation.