The Scan Factory client can be published by any developer from their PC, as long as the only changes that need publishing are just in the Client app. If you need web services releasing please see someone with live server access.
Please be aware you need to check if there are any other changes that have been checked-in that relate to the Client app that may need web services or schema changes publishing.
- Load Scan Factory Solution
- Make sure you don't have any pending changes, we don't want to publish these so shelve / suspend the work
- Select ScanFactoryClient.View project that you want to publish
- Edit the App.config to point the appSettings to the live web services. Change the comments from the live Urls to the local ones here
- Edit the App.config to point the CropMarkerImagePath at the image on the servers. Again swap the comments from the live version to the local one.
- Right-click on the ScanFactoryClient.View project and select Properties
- Select the Publish tab
- Click the Updates button
- Set the Revision number to be the same as on the Publish tab page, click OK.
- Click Publish Now
- Enter staging FTP user and password and click OK
- Save changes in Visual Studio to the project
- Revert changes to App.config
- Check-in ScanFactoryClient.View project file that contains the new version numbers
Your publish is complete, run the app and check it updates and runs OK.