The chat experience has some key features missing that it has been fed back as necessary. One is a notification when someone is waiting to chat to us, above the standard audible notification. Another is always being logged into chat without having to remember each time you login. We now have a solution for these.
First of all this requires you to use the Google Chrome web browser. An extension for Chrome called Tamper Monkey and a file from a third party that adds desktop notification pop-ups, and always on-line functionality.
Here are the steps:
- Check you have Google Chrome as your web browser, alternatively install Chrome if you need it.
- Install the Tamper Monkey extension in Chrome. There should be a link in the top right that says Add to Chrome or similar.
- Now Tamper Monkey is installed you will see an icon to the right of the web address bar in Chrome, this is a black square with two white circles.
- Click this icon highlighted above, and select Add New Script.
- There is a box labelled Update URL, enter https://github.com/software-architects/userscripts/blob/master/ZendeskChatNotifications.user.js
- Then open this path in your web browser, copy and paste the script and enter it in the new script window.
- Now when you go into support.b.co.uk you will find extra settings/options where you click to go-online for chat.
Desktop notifications give you a pop-up when someone is waiting for an agent to chat with.
Notification sound looping will keep making a sound while someone is waiting for an agent to chat with.
Always-online will log you into chat automatically when you login.
Below is an example of the desktop notification pop-up.
Please sign in to leave a comment.