All of our 1-click-deploy apps are now hosted on the BCAS Server, these are:
- Comment Typing
- MC3 Presentation Creator
- WIT Presentation Builder (This is an old desktop app, not in the WIT solution)
- Scan Factory Client
As a guide I will use Comment Typing as an example of how to publish a new versions of a one click deploy application;
Before looking to publish the applications, please make sure that you have no pending changes. If you do it will be a good idea to suspend these changes until you have finished the publish process.
- Once you have done this open the required solution(BC Comment Typing -> CommentTyping.sln )
- Ensure that any Web References or Service References are pointing towards the live URLs and not local versions in the CommentTyping Project (i.e. http://www.b.co.uk/webservices/papersurveyimporter.asmx and NOT http://localhost:9452/papersurveyimporter.asmx)
- Open the Project's app.config and change any URL values to the live values.
- Open the same Project's Properties and click on the Publish tab and click on Updates... Increment the Version number here.
This should match the Publish Version number under the same Publish tab.
5. Ensure the Publish Folder Location is pointing to the correct path on the server where we want to publish the applications.
6. The Installation Folder URL should match the Url on the application's Sharpoint link. Remember to remove the Publish.htm from the Url.
7. Once you are happy with the Locations and paths, Click Publish Now. After the publish has completed, check that the version number on the install page has been updated. The Publish version on the Publish tab should have Auto incremented ready for the next publish if this option has been set!
8. Tidy up your depot, change any references back to the local versions.
9. Check-in your pending changes, this will update the version numbers etc in the Solution so it is right when a publish is next required