Occasionally when copying text over from Microsoft Word into a text editor on one of our websites, the text can appear formatted incorrectly, either in the text editor or in the email/test email.
There are two methods below for copying text from MS Word into one of our editors.
This is a quick method of copying text from MS Word into a text editor.
1. Select and copy the text in Word.
2. Right click and select Edit > Paste From Word in the text editor.
4. Press the 'Ctrl' + 'v' keys, then click Okay.
With this method, text can still be formatted incorrectly e.g. a different font may appear within the text you've copied over.
If this is the case, the safest way to fix it is to follow the process in Method 2:
This method takes longer than Method 1 but the formatting of the text will always be consistent. This method will work if you still have formatting issues after following Method 1.
1. Click HTML at the bottom of the text editor.
2. Select everything in the text box and delete it.
3. Select and copy the text in MS Word.
4. Click Normal at the bottom of the text editor.
5. Right click in the text editor and select Edit > Paste as Text
The text will now appear in the text editor, this text will be unformatted apart from line breaks. You will now need to format this, for example, making things bold / adding spacing e.t.c. You can do this by using the controls at the top of the text editor. If you have followed all of the steps above, the test email should appear correctly.