This usually happens because the browser you are using is set to American English as its default language. Most text editors read your browser settings to decide which language to spell check in.
This problem will occur in a number of programs, most notably in Cute Editor but this will also solve problems in other programs such as Zendesk.
Changing your Browsers spell checker will fix this problem in most cases.
To change your spell checker in Google Chrome follow these steps:
1. Click on the Control button (top right hand corner – looks like 3 horizontal bars)
2. Select Settings in the Drop Down Menu
3. Click '+ Show Advanced Settings' at the bottom of the page (This will expand more controls.)
- Under 'Languages', Select 'Language and Input Settings'
4. Click the Add button on the bottom left.
5. Select English(United Kingdom).
6. Click OK
7. On the right hand side, click the button that says 'Use this language for spell checking'
8. Click Done.
If you then check the text you were writing, it should now be spell checking in English GB.
Enjoy using British spell checker!
Please sign in to leave a comment.