After an Opera upgrade, some reports or documents may have the wrong layouts.
This is a known issue with Opera upgrades. If default report or document layouts have been changed, some of these changes will get overwritten by an upgrade. A backup of the Opera reports directory MUST be made prior to any upgrade (default location for this is \\[server]\server vfp static and dynamic\reports). This directory contains in excess of 2,000 files, many of which are form layouts used by Opera and therefore a blanket overwrite from old to new will probably break Opera. You must therefore find out which file name you need first.
To get the file name:
- Log in to Opera as the ADMIN user
- Switch to the affected company (use company Z if the document which has an issue would affect the nominal ledger, such as an invoice. If this isn't possible, proceed with caution and under guidance from the Finance team)
- Run the report or document type that you need (get information from the end user to find out how and where to run this)
- Publish the report to screen
- The report designer will pop up in layout mode (if it doesn't then you've not logged in as ADMIN)
- Make a note of the file name from the title bar of the report designer (don't worry about the frx extension)
- Close the report designer and then also close the resulting report
- Exit Opera
To replace the file:
- Ensure nobody (including you) is using Opera
- In explorer, navigate to the current reports directory
- Find the affected files and rename both of them - each report has an frt and frx file
- Copy the corresponding files over from your backed-up copies. If you're prompted to overwrite anything then don't - check that you've renamed the new versions and you're copying over the correct files
If you're copying over company-specific layouts (such as purchase orders), you may need to repeat steps 3 and 4 for each company. To identify these types of files, Opera prefixes them with the company letter and an underscore: the default purchase order layout is POOR.frx/POOR.frt but a specific layout for Best Companies is G_POOR.frx/G_POOR.frt
Now test by re-running the report in Opera
Please sign in to leave a comment.