There are two methods to add a new user to the Opera system - copying an existing user and creating a new user account. Both are done from within Opera using an account with the necessary permissions (n.b. - these are internal to Opera and are not influenced by network permissions, except having access to the Opera data directory).
- Login to Opera
- Go to Administration | System | Maintenance | User Profiles
Method 1 (Copying an existing user):
- Select an existing user (the list tab is easiest for this) - try to find a user with the equivalent rights required (or as near as possible)
- Click the Copy Data button (or press CTRL + M)
Method 2 (Creating a new user):
- Click create a new record (first button on the toolbar - or press CTRL + N)
In the General tab
- Enter a user ID (must be 8 characters or less)
- Enter the user's name
- Enter and verify the password (must be 8 characters or less and is alpha-numeric only)
- Set any options such as manager rights or company access as needed (may not be necessary if copying from an existing user)
In the Menu Access tab:
- Select whichever modules and options are required (may not be necessary if copying from an existing user)
Please sign in to leave a comment.