There are quite a few handy guides on the Innovation Help Centre, under the Innovation Resources category (an Innovation-only category, filled with articles and how-tos written by Innovation Agents for Innovation Agents).
To help make these articles easier to find, please see the list below to get you started.
First things first, make sure you have Timelog installed. See instructions here.
Want to know a little more about your induction and what to expect, you can find out more here.
As you will be working on the Support team, it will be handy for you to set up your voicemail so that you can receive messages and listen to them. You can read about how to do this here. (Note: you may wish to use the meeting room for some privacy, to log into another desk phone you can follow this guide.)
You will become very familiar with using ZenDesk and the workflow it entails over time. As a quick starter guide, there are some helpful guides below:
- What's going on with my ticket? - an overview of how the ticket system matches up to the development cycle.
- Ticket Priority Guidelines - a priority matrix that is used for all new tickets.
- Picking Up a New Ticket To Work On - this is the process we now use to pick up tickets. As we are implementing SLAs (internally), it's good to be sure that we need to focus on ticket priorities.
- Creating Tickets as an Agent - things to include and exclude when you create a ticket as an Agent.
- Managing Expectations Through Ticket Updates - making sure that the language we use in Innovation is clear and responsible.
- Ticket Process - a how-to guide for how to pick up your tickets from ZenDesk, use Timelog and TFS/Visual Studio.
- Work-In-Progress Workflow: Using the 3 Sidebar Apps - a guide on how to get into the KCS practice using the 3 sidebar apps in ZenDesk.
Using the Help Centre
Using the Innovation Help Centre - this is a guide to explain to our users how to use our Innovation Help Centre. It's highly relevant for us as Innovation Agents to also adopt these processes so we're interacting with other Agents and Users in one place.
Our Help Centre is filled with lots of articles and how-tos, so please get stuck in and read as much as you can.
Always remember: if you find an article helpful, vote and leave a comment!